Sunday, February 2, 2014

Let's Go Fly a Kite

There is something a little bit magical and relaxing about flying a kite, and I think it's an activity that can be enjoyed at all ages. I certainly enjoy flying a kite now well into adulthood, and I now understand why my dad used to hog holding the kite string when I was a kid!

There were a few windy days in Perth last week, so my daughters and I, had a spontaneous activity of making a kite, and flying it in the backyard. We got very technical with our kite making - a plastic bag tied to some kitchen string.


Plastic bag + string = kite!

We had a great time running around the backyard like loonies, trying to catch the wind and get our "kite" up in the air. A very simple activity to set up without prior planning, that gets you and your kids outdoors enjoying the sunshine.




No comments:

Post a Comment